Brazilian Passion Fruit Mousse (Maracuja)
Recipe by: ValerieKooka from allrecipes.com
Parcha is tart for those who don’t like sweet desserts. The recipe is “forgiving” so you can play with amounts. I made this recipe as a mousse and we ended up putting “dollops” on cake. It would probably be good as a pie filling. What was left over, I froze as ice cream.
If you don’t have the fresh fruit you can buy passion fruit pulp in grocery stores or online.
- 8 passion fruits (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 Tablespoon white sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 cups cream
- Blend and strain fresh parchas to get the pulp (juice) and add the sugar and condensed milk.
- In a chilled, bowl beat cream until stiff peaks form. In Puerto Rico it’s so humid that this is not an easy task, so I added a little bit of cream of tartar and the cream stiffened without peaks.
- Fold cream into the parcha mixture a little at a time. Refrigerate for 1 hour.
Decorate with whipped cream or a sprig of mint.